1. To verify/check the authenticity of any GST/GSTIN.
2. You can prevent yourself from associating with vendors using fake GST/GSTINs.
3. Avoid a GST/GSTIN fraud.
4. Help Taxpayer/Vendors to correct any potential error in reporting GST/GSTIN.
Your GST number is 15 digit which is broken as specified below:
1. First two digit is you state code.
2. The next ten digits will be the PAN number of the taxpayer.
3. The thirteenth digit will be assigned based on the number of registration within a state.
4. The fourteenth digit will be Z by default.
5. The last digit will be for check code. It may be an alphabet or a number.
PAN no will start from 3rd digit and will end on 12th digit.
1. You can track input credit of GST from vendors online & follow up with them if not paid by them to govt.
2. You shall be considered in organised sector.
3. It is mandatory for all Indian Government related deals.
4. Higher threshold for registration.
5. No. of compliances are lesser.
6. Everything is online.